domingo, 26 de enero de 2014

Here Goes Nothing

I Have now been in Lima, Peru for two weeks and can honestly say it couldn't get much better than this. The weather here is perfect! Always a slight breeze and temperatures in the mid 70's. The people here are also beyond amazing. Everyone is very friendly and is willing to help out a "stupid foreigner" with directions or other questions.
In this two weeks I have already experienced so much. Living in a Hispanic culture, Listening and, attempting to, speak entirely Spanish are just two huge new experiences. I also am getting to know my new family that I will be staying with for four months, who are fabulous by the way. Other new experiences include using public transportation. I am now getting the hang out riding in taxis and even combis. A combi is a, less than safe, public transportation buss that they pack full of people. It's defiantly an experience to say the least.
There are definitely a few challenges here too. I don't always understand everything that people are saying, which can be stressful at times but is all part of the fun I suppose. I also really miss my long hot showers that I would take at home. Living here with four other people and a small water heater I normally don't get my share of hot water. It is helping me save water and take less time in the shower on a positive note. I have also been a little sick to my stomach with all the new foods I've been trying and the different water here. After I took some antibiotics all the symptoms improved within the day. I highly recommend that anyone who feels sick start the antibiotics ASAP before it gets worse.
Overall my first two weeks here have been everything I expected and more. I am so glad I took advantage of this opportunity and can not wait to see what the future will bring.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario